Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Buying Indie

Indie cosmetic stores are springing up like dandelions, especially when you realize what a great resource they can be! In the spring of 2014 I was very tired of every eye shadow being *sparkly*, it was so bad I was having nightmares I was trapped in a Twilight novel! It was about this time that the all Matte Palettes started making their presence known. From reviews on Youtube to blog posts Matte was everywhere. Since I am a big fan of the craft site Etsy I began browsing Matte Eyeshadows and thats when I discovered "Indie Cosmetics" (I was so behind the times I didn't even know that "Indie" was a thing!) My First purchase was from MumMum's Crafts I picked up Antique Silk,Brackenridge, and Lucky Shirt in Matte. I also got Deep, and Softly.
all are over ELF Mineral infused Primer. When my order arrived I was very disappointed in "Lucky Shirt" It was no where near as dark as it is pictured on the sellers site. It showed up more Aqua on my skin than Teal so I gave it away before getting a picture of it. The other four colors I am very pleased with. They apply smoothly, last a very long time and are true to their color. After this first foray into Hand/Home made cosmetics I have been hooked. I do recommend you do your research, check for Reviews & swatches on the colors you are wanting to purchase. Read the reviews on a sellers page. Make note of TAT's (turn around time. And most of all remember each item will react/show up differently on your skin than it would on mine, or on whoever else has previously swatched it.

10 comments:

  1. These look so pretty! And you made some really nice swatches. They look perfect! mine always look like a 5 year old playing in makeup lol. I will definitely be checking out this brand because of your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie! I primed my arm then used scotch tape to mask out where I wanted to swatch. :)

      Delete
  2. You're not alone! I'm a late-20-something who just learned about Indie cosmetics (especially polish, goodness me) and my bank account has really suffered for it. :P Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, you've inspired me to try a new product x
    www.yummomummo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect swatches! xx
    www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep looks incredible! I haven't tried any indie cosmetics (just nail polish) before because I really wasn't sure where to look. Never even occurred to me to check etsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Etsy is a Mecca for Indie cosmetics! My current Personal Favorites are Notoriously Morbid, ScaredyCat Cosmetics, & BeautyBar Baby.

      Delete
  6. I believe I have Antique Silk in my sample collection. I've been using Indie mineral shadows for 7-8 years and have a huge collection. I hardly use my Aromaleigh Cosmetics and Silk Naturals for some reason but love the Fyrinnae, Notoriously Morbid and Black Rose Minerals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for such a great review! I seriously love your swatches, Deep and Softly is stunning. Will be checking these out, thanks again. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I found your blog through a group on FB and I really loved these swatches...
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award :)
    http://stuffforthings.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/stuff-for-things-has-been-given-the-versatile-blog-award/

    Keep the posts coming! :)
    -Brandi

    ReplyDelete